Further to the latest news on the malicious code and cyber attack which has affected thousands of online systems, we wanted to advise all of our customers to be rest assured we always take steps to check and update your systems to mitigate and “disasters”.
Key points for all computer users to note from this latest outbreak are as follows:
- Please ensure have good backups – locally on some external device as well as cloud-based.
- Update your operating system. Windows Updates (and apple updates) are released quite regularly and are very easy to install.
- Be very wary of any unfamiliar emails you receive – especially those with attachments or links. If in doubt do not open it and contact the organisation concerned who sent it to check using a public address.
- When web browsing stay on familiar sites and be wary of adverts or links which take you off to any other site – again if in doubt close your browser and restart.
- Have good Anti Virus systems and mail filtering systems in place. Ensure they are also updated regularly.
Criminals are very crafty and will try to find new ways to create havoc and sometimes you can simply be unlucky, however if you have taken all these steps then you will be ok. For our maintenance customers we will always keep critical systems secure but please do contact us if you would like any further information.